Recipe Roundup Five -- With Pictures

I have a few recipes of my own to post but I need to get a few of these new ones I've tried out of the way first. I've even got a few pictures this time!

  • Black Bean Quinoa- This recipe is wonderful and I love it. Seriously. But 1- I prefer my spinach raw so I just threw it on top and 2- It needed some more seasoning. I added adobo and seasoned salt. I always add more seasoning. The leftovers are fantastic in a tortilla with some cheese and sour cream the next day. Use vegetable broth in the quinoa for a vegetarian meal. I can't normally eat things like this so I'm doing it while I can.
  • Panda Express Style Lo Mein- Make sure you really char the vegetables! Our smoke alarm went off during the process. Also, use Stir Fry sauce if you can't find Oyster Sauce. I prefer the Stir Fry sauce, and it makes this dish vegetarian.
  • Crispy Tofu - Tofu can be difficult. I usually just drain it, roll it in cornstarch with some salt and pepper added then pan fry it in batches. Once it's starting to brown I throw it all on a cookie sheet and stick in a 350* oven until the rest of the meal is ready so it stays crisp on the outside and soft inside. Serve with sweet chili sauce. Always. I don't need to tell you that tofu is vegetarian.
  • Chicken Crescent Rollups- Pure comfort food. Sometimes I double the recipe and put one in an aluminum tray and freeze it so that I have an easy meal on hand on low spoons days.
  • Onion Chicken and Potatoes- I used boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into pieces and added about for peeled, chopped carrots and a teaspoon of paprika. This was REALLY good. Serve with sour cream.
  • Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs (Crockpot) - I can't eat pork sausage so I use another pound of ground beef and add in some extra Italian seasoning and other herbs + spices.
  • Broccoli Cheese Soup- This is one of my favorite soups and a lot of recipes just aren't very good. Season to taste! I like to add paprika and nutmeg, maybe some grated carrot, but this is a great starting point. Use vegetable broth to make vegetarian.
  • Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake- It was a little soupy, but super tasty. Served with tortilla chips and guacamole.

Comments

Popular Posts