Shortcut Spicy Orange Chicken

I love orange chicken, especially the sticky spicy kind at Panda Express. Unfortunately we live
nowhere near a Panda Express and I needed to make dinner in 20 minutes or less.

If you're looking for fancy orange chicken this probably isn't it. All of the recipes I found online
called for fresh orange juice and orange zest but I didn't have those things on hand so I mixed this up
using things I could pull out of the cabinet or fridge. I also didn't have any chicken or tofu prepped so I used popcorn chicken from the freezer.
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1-2 tsps chili garlic paste or sriracha, feel free to add more or less to your tastes
  • 1 tsp chicken or veggie bouillon powder
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vinegar or rice vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 tsp. ginger, minced or paste
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 1 Tbsp corn starch
  • Enough cooked chicken nuggets, popcorn chicken, or tofu/vegetarian nuggets for 4 servings
Combine first eight ingredients and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
Make slurry with 1 Tbsp each water and corn starch and whisk into other ingredients. Cook to desired
thickness. Toss cooked nuggets in finished sauce.

You can add more or less chili paste for spice, or more corn starch if you want it thicker.

Serve with rice and/or stir fried veggies.

Makes sauce for 4+ servings.

Comments

Popular Posts