Lazy Ethiopian Cabbage
- 2 bags sliced cabbage or 1 medium cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 carrots julienned
- 1 onion medium diced
- 2 tbsp butter or oil (ghee or clarified butter is best if you have it)
- 1 heaping Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 heaping Tbsp ginger (l just buy the jar from the Indian market)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
2. Add garlic and ginger to pan. Continue cooking until onions are translucent.
3. Stir in cabbage, salt, and turmeric.
4. Turn heat down to medium low, cover pan and cook for 20-30 minutes. Cabbage should be soft but not mushy.
Recipe courtesy of Shelley Palmer