Mexican Shredded Beef
This is another crockpot recipe that works for beef or pork. I just use whichever I have in the freezer.
- 1-2 pounds beef or pork roast
- 1/2- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 beef or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1-2 packets sazon goya
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup water, more if needed
Season roast with salt and pepper. Place onions in crockpot. Place roast on top of onions. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hours or low 4-6 hours. Check roast every few hours and add water as needed. Remove roast from crockpot and shred when tender enough to do so. Put shredded roast back into crockpot and allow it to soak up remaining juices.
Use shredded pork in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, on top of salad, etc.