Fajita Marinade

I've tried a lot of different fajita marinades and none of them had everything I wanted. This recipe is a combination of several I have tried. This marinade works for beef and chicken and I've never tried it on seafood but that would probably work as well.

You will need 1 or 2 pounds of meat cut into thin strips for cooking on the stovetop or left in large pieces to grill. I find it easier to slice the meat super thin if it's still a little frozen.

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon lime juice
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (I prefer Lawry's)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients and mix well. I like to throw everything in the blender and pulse a few times, just to make sure you don't have any huge chunks of garlic.

Combine marinade and meat in a ziploc bag or other resealable container. Chicken should marinate for no longer than four hours, and beef up to 24 hours. 

You can either cook the meat in a large skillet on the stove top, or grill it. Add sautéed onion and bell pepper, serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, etc. 



Comments

Popular Posts