Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. seasoned salt, I prefer Lawry's, divided
- 1/4 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 3 or 4 hoagie or sub rolls, buns, etc.
- cheese slices, we used provolone
Pre-heat oven to 350*. Place split sub rolls on a sheet pan and set aside.
Season the chicken with garlic powder, a little seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil. Be careful with the seasoned salt, you can always add more later.
Spray the skillet with non-stick spray or add cooking oil (I prefer grapeseed). Heat pan on medium high. Add the chicken and sauté until chicken starts to turn white. Add onions, bell peppers, season with seasoned salt, and cook until chicken is cooked through and browned a bit.
You can put the chicken, onions, and peppers in the oven to keep it warm.
Put cheese on rolls and place them in the oven for a few minutes, just until cheese is melted and buns are warm.
Serve chicken mixture in warmed rolls.
Makes 3 or 4 sandwiches, depending on how full you make the sandwiches.