Cheesy Bacon Mushroom Chicken
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I use Lawry's)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced (I used cremini)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar-Gruyere blend cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms and onions in the skillet, add remaining seasoned salt. Sauté mushrooms and onions in remaining bacon drippings until onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, and brown sugar; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon, onions, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture.
Yield: 2 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice pilaf or mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.